Circular Head Community Wellbeing Centre
Civil : Circular Head Community Wellbeing Centre
New Aquatic Centre & Wellbeing Facility
110-114 Nelson St, Smithton TAS 7330
In September of 2017 Stubbs Constructions submitted an offer for the construction of the Circular Head Community Wellbeing Centre. Following post-tender discussions and negotiations, Stubbs Constructions was selected as the preferred contractor and works commenced in earnest in November 2017. The facility replaces a former pool facility that was constructed in 1962. This pool served the community well over many decades, showed obvious signs of its age and was open to the elements. Following significant safety issues with the well-loved community asset the difficult decision to close the facility was made.
Fortunately, this kick-started the community consultation which resulted in this multi-faceted Wellbeing Facility being developed and fine-tuned to best meet the needs, both current and future, of the Circular Head community.
Circular Head Council’s new CHCWC indoor facility comprises:
- 25m x 6 lane lap pool, with accessible pool pod, for lap swimming and general exercise
- 12.5m x 8m program and exercise pool for organised activities and play area for younger children. This area incorporates an accessible ramp
- 11m x 4m toddler aquatic play pool with water features and play facilities
- Gymnasium and kiosk facilities
- State of the art amenities, family change rooms, program and multi-purpose rooms, function areas and offices, plant room and stores, access road, footpaths and car parking areas.
This $10M project, funded by the Circular Head Council together with State and Federal Government grants, was completed within a tight scheduled timeframe and within budget. It has provided the Circular Head community with a technology-leading facility catering for the many needs of an isolated regional community.
The finishes achieved in the modern and convenient asset are first class and appreciated by the consultant, client and community at large.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.