History; Stubbs Constructions Pty Ltd was founded in 1938 by Louis and Dorothy Stubbs and was initially known as L.T. Stubbs, Penguin, specialising in building, painting and paperhanging.
Currently the company operates throughout Tasmania on commercial, industrial and civil engineering projects.
Stubbs Constructions Pty Ltd has an excellent reputation in the building industry, a stable labour force, an on-going commitment to the training of apprentices and actively encourages participation in post-trade courses appropriate to the company’s operations.
The focus of the Company of continuous improvement, along with the commitment to deliver quality products in a safe & healthy manner with no adverse affect on the environment, has seen Stubbs Constructions Pty. Ltd. turnover increase by 25% from the previous financial year. This business growth has necessitated the employment of additional labour. As part of this growth, Stubbs Constructions Pty. Ltd. has committed to the ongoing improvement of the skilled trades by directly employing 190 new apprentices over the past 72 years.